- 1.1. LIN (including lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN services and LIN4ME mobile app on android and iOS) also referred as LIN4Me, is a product of Aadoo Innovations Ltd (hereafter referred as Aadoo).
- 1.2. We (Aadoo Innovations Ltd.) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our lin4me.com website and LIN application/system/services visitors/users on any computer, tablet and mobile phone/device and LIN4ME mobile app visitors/users on mobile phone/device; in this ‘Terms and Conditions – Policy’ we explain how we will treat your (visitor/user – individual user and/or organisation) personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal/private/public information (data and/or content) of you as an individual user and/or as an organisation:
- 2.1.1 Information about your computer, tablet or mobile phone/device and about your visits to and use of lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app (including but not limited to your IP address, mobile number, mobile network, mobile phone, IMEI number, geographical location, user account, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- 2.1.2 Information that you provide to us about your own self and/or your organisation when registering with our lin4me.com website and/or LIN4ME mobile app and/or of any contacts/users/people/organisations added/provided by you on LIN;
- 2.1.3 Information that you provide when completing your profile and update physical address (including geo location on maps) and digital address (email and/or mobile number and/or landline number) as an individual or as an organisation on our lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app (including but not limited to your name, date of birth, email address, address and geo location marked on maps);
- 2.1.4 Information (including personal or business information and any other type of information about yourself or any of the contacts/users/people/organisations added/provided by you on LIN ) that you provide to us when using the services on our lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including but not limited to the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
- 2.1.5 Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us directly and/or to other contacts/users/people/organisations and/or send through our lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app (including but not limited to the communication content and meta data associated with the communication) to us and/or to other users;
- 2.1.6 Information related to any connections that you make with other individual users and/or organisation using private LIN and/or share using public LIN/Business cards functionalities in the application;
- 2.1.7 Information related to any event – private or public created and/or, managed and/or subscribed by you as an individual user and/or as an organisation;
- 2.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of any third party including another person and/or any business organisation, you must obtain that person's or organisation’s consent to disclosure, processing and usage (including communicating to them using different communication methods/capabilities/functionalities provided on LIN) of that personal or business information in accordance with this policy. Aadoo doesn’t take any responsibility and/or liability of disclosure, processing and usage of information of third party by you and you indemnify us against any actions taken by the third party on disclosure, processing and usage (including communication) of their information by you.
- 2.3 If you have been registered on LIN by or on behalf of any other entity (individual or organisation) that might be or might not be LIN’s user/client/customer, you must ensure that you review LIN’s ’Terms and Conditions – Policy’ before login into LIN. If you do not agree to LIN’s ‘Terms and Conditions – Policy’ you may inform us and the other entity (who has registered you or on whose request you have been registered on LIN) to un-register you from LIN and delete your record from LIN. Also, even if you agree to LIN’s ‘Terms and Conditions – Policy’, you must ensure that you have provided your consent for registration, disclosure, processing and usage of your personal information to the other entity (individual or organisation) on LIN. Aadoo doesn’t take any responsibility and/or liability of disclosure, processing and usage of your information by the entity whom you have agreed to share your details with LIN. You indemnify us against any actions taken by you or the entity for registration, disclosure, processing and usage (including communication) of your information on LIN.
- 2.4 That any information available with us provided by our users either as part of their profile or any events created by them or of any additional organisations and individuals on lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app is deemed to be true and correct. Aadoo Innovations Ltd. and LIN owes no duty/ liability to verify/ authenticate the information provided by its users and under no circumstances Aadoo Innovations Ltd. and LIN shall be held liable in case of any misrepresentation by its users.
3. Using your personal information
3.2. We may use your personal information to:
- 3.2.1 Administer our lin4me.com website, LIN application/system/services, LIN4ME mobile app and business of Aadoo;
- 3.2.2 Register on LIN4Me, create your profile and enable the use of the services available on our lin4me.com website, LIN application/system/services, and LIN4ME mobile app;
- 3.2.3 To generate unique LIN (private and/or public) for you and your associated addresses and profile;
- 3.2.4 Send you marketing and/or non-marketing commercial communications;
- 3.2.5 Send you email and/or similar mobile notifications that you have specifically requested or are part of the LIN application;
- 3.2.6 Generate reports and analytics;
- 3.2.7 Send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications) by emailing us at LIN4me@aadooinnovations.com;
- 3.2.8 Provide third parties with statistical information about our individual users and/or organisations (but those third parties will not have the primary identification details like name of any individual user or organisation and date of birth from that information until unless the users and//or organisations have themselves shared their LIN with each other and are connected to each other via LIN);
- 3.2.9 Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our lin4me.com website, LIN application/system/services, and LIN4ME mobile app;
- 3.2.10 Keep our lin4me.com website, LIN application/system/services and LIN4ME mobile app secure and prevent fraud with reasonable efforts;
- 3.3 Your LIN (Private and Public) sharing feature can be used for publication of your information related to LIN to users using our application/website as per the functionalities and features of the LIN application. Your information related to Public LIN can be broadcasted to anybody and searched by anybody in public either from within LIN or using the URL shared to you from LIN for broadcasting the information. Information displayed in Private LIN and Public LIN includes the email and the mobile number provided by you as part of the registration process and also includes the display profile picture provided by you in your profile. As part of Private LIN, your information including your email (as provided for registration on LIN), mobile number (as provided for registration on LIN), display profile picture (as provided in your profile), and address (as entered for Private LIN) is shared and is visible to your connections. As part of Public LIN, your information including your email (as provided for registration on LIN), mobile number (as provided for registration on LIN), display profile picture (as provided in your profile), and address (as entered for Pubic LIN) is searchable and visible to anybody in public and is not restricted to your connections. As part of your Private LIN share, you consent to share your contact details provided for Private LIN to your connections. As part of your Public LIN, you consent to share your contact details provided for Public LIN to anybody in public.
- 3.4 Your information will be shared using LIN events to the connections you have shared the event. Your information related to events can also be broadcasted to anybody within the LIN or outside using a URL provided by LIN and searched by anybody in public for LIN events.
- 3.5 Your information may be shared with third party/external components, infrastructure and services providers for purpose of providing functionalities and services as part of the LIN4ME.com website, LIN application/system/services and/or LIN4ME mobile application. However, Aadoo is only consuming these services to enable functionalities on LIN4ME application on web and mobile and does not take responsibility for the performance of these external components and services. Also, Aadoo believes and assumes that the external components and services have enabled enough security for protection of data exchange and stored on them and Aadoo does not take any responsibility for breach of security or loss of data by any of these external components and services.
- 3.6 We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party not on the LIN platform for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.3. We may disclose your personal information:
- 4.3.1 To the extent that we are required to do so by law and business purpose;
- 4.3.2 In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- 4.3.3 In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- 4.3.4 To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- 4.3.5 To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- 4.3.6 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- 4.3.7 We do not take any responsibility for use or misuse of your information (provided by you to your shared connections as part of your Private LIN) by your shared connections on lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app. We also do not take any responsibility for use or misuse of your information (provided by you to public as part of your Public LIN) by anybody in public on or outside lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app.
5. International data transfers
- 5.1 Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this ‘Terms and Conditions – Policy’.
- 5.2 Currently data captured as part of the lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app is stored on servers hosted on secured cloud infrastructure. Information that we collect may be transferred to the countries and stored on servers based in those counties which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. The countries can include but not limited to USA, Singapore and India.
- 5.3 Personal information that you publish on our website/application or submit for publication on our website/application for using respective functionalities like Public LIN and/or events may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- 5.4 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this section.
6. Retaining personal information
- 6.1 This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- 6.2 Personal information may be stored with us even if the user has exited from the lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app and deleted the app.
6.3. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain personal information (including electronic documents and images) containing personal data.
- 6.3.1 To the extent that we are required to do so by law and/or business purpose and/or audit and/or history;
- 6.3.2 For future reporting and analytics;
- 6.3.3 If we believe that the information/documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- 6.3.4 In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Security of your personal information
- 7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions for safe and secured storage of personal information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- 7.2 The personal information you provide will be stored on our servers (servers procured and managed by us or as cloud based services) and/or on your local machine/mobile device and be retrieved from the respective location based on the need of the application.
- 7.3 The security of the data stored on servers provided as cloud based service is a responsibility of the service provide and not of Aadoo. In no case, in breach of security of data stored on cloud provided by the respective service provider shall Aadoo be held responsible for breach of security.
- 7.4 We may store with reasonable security your personal information on other machines or mobile device where LIN mobile app has been installed and the information is accessible via lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app.
- 7.5 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- 7.6 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website and/or mobile application or may be required to resolve any specific technical issue).
- 8.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our lin4me.com website and/or LIN4ME mobile app.
9. Your rights
9.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- 9.1.1 The payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 50); and
- 9.1.2 The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- 9.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- 9.3 You may instruct us by sending a mail to LIN4me@aadooinnovations.com at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. If you have been registered on LIN by or on behalf of another entity, you may instruct the other entity and us at LIN4me@aadooinnovations.com at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purpose. We may take up to 5 working days, from the time we have received the communication from you, to stop processing of your personal information.
- 9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or you may send us a communication at LIN4me@aadooinnovations.com to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. We may take up to 5 working days, from the time we have received the communication from you, to stop usage of your personal information for marketing purpose.
10. Our rights
- 10.1 Aadoo Innovations Ltd. and LIN/LIN4ME reserves its right to block/ suspend/ delete any of its user from LIN in its sole discretion without giving any opportunity to the user if in our opinion such user have committed any wrongful act/ act against public policy.
- 10.2 We reserve the right to block/suspend/delete any event – private and/or public from LIN, created on LIN4ME by any user or organisation in its sole discretion without giving any opportunity to the user or organisation if in our opinion such event is harming to any public sentiments and/or an act of crime and/or damaging to business of LIN and/or a matter of security.
- 10.3 We also reserve the rights to suspend and/or stop operations of the LIN application for any support activities required for upkeep of the application and/or resolution of any defects or any other kind of incident or problem.
11. Third party websites, controls and interfaces
- 11.1 Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- 11.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the working of the links, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
12. Updating information
- 12.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. LIN provides you with the mechanism to keep your personal information updated and share with your secured connections via Private LIN.
- 13.3 Blocking all cookies can have a negative impact upon the usability of our lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app.
- 13.4 If you block cookies, you might not be able to use all the features on our lin4me.com website and/or LIN application/system and/or LIN4ME mobile app.
- 13.5 You can delete cookies already stored on your computer.
- 13.6 Deleting cookies can have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- 14.1 In case of any dispute arising due to use of LIN4ME service, you will first write to Aadoo Innovations at LIN4me@aadooinnovations.com. We will revert and get in touch with you within a period of 30 days and will make all efforts to resolve the dispute amicably. If there is any dispute not resolved to your satisfaction, you can refer the dispute to arbitration, before going to the court. You will not go to the court until exploring and exhausting the remedy of arbitration to resolve the dispute. Thereafter, all disputes/ claims related with LIN/LIN4ME/Aadoo Innovations Ltd. shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Courts situated in India.
- 14.2 In case any user raises any claim/ dispute against LIN/LIN4ME/Aadoo Innovations Ltd. related to your act, you shall indemnify LIN/LIN4ME/Aadoo Innovations Ltd. against all such damages and expenses related to such claim.
15. Our details
- 15.1 LIN website/system/application/services/mobile application is owned and operated by Aadoo Innovations Ltd. In case of any enquiry, you can write to LIN4me@aadooinnovations.com.